Tuesday, September 10, 2013

   So back to my why do I have to procratinate over everything I think to myself with my feet cooling in my pool. . . I think up these grandiose plans or solutions or whatever and I begin to set them in motion, well then I get bored, overwhelmed, distracted (you choose) and I am then stuck coming up with a last minute fix.  It perpetuates because my "fixes" are as fantastic, so says my team/boss/husband/kids. You get the picture? I may need intervention.
    My pupils are challenging me to become a more reflective teacher in how I present instruction, how I collect student work, classroom procedures, the whole kit-and-kaboddle.  What I have learned so far...my instuction must be more structured. The students need more "fill-in the blanks" hands-on notes. Good thing I have embraced interactive notebooking. I have got to still figure out a different way to collect student work and to get it consistantly from everyone.  Tell me how you do it, PLEASE.

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through your friend's linky party. I am your newest follower and can't wait to read more post. No worries, I think we procrastinate from time to time! I would lover for you to stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. YOU are my first follower!!!!! Yeah!!! I think I have alreaddy been stalking you. hehehe

      Delete
  2. One thing I do to help with grading interactive notebooks is I take up 5 a day. That way I don't get too overwhelmed by them (and I'm much less likely to procrastinate)!!!
    Wen
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do 5 a night and I have taken to putting srickers in the pages I expect to be completed. The problem is I alsi expect the notebook to be taken home and completed if it doesn't get done in class and right now it isn't getting done in class.

      Delete